Friday, February 2, 2007

Gorgeous Galadriel - burnout rayon fabric and lining



donated by sewphisticate

4 yds@45 inches (burnout Rayon)
3 yards & change@60 inches polyester lining

I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it--no matter what your monitor says, in life, it is a soft, soft, mint green (not nasty fakey at all--in fact, it has a hint of gray in it) and a beautiful pale lavender. I originally planned to make a teens gown out of it--it has a fabulous drape--but then, and I don't know why, it suddenly took on the name of Galadriel. I kept looking at it and trying to name it something else, but it wouldn't let me, and all I could see was "elf." And me? So not an elf!--but it would make a gorgeous, ethereal elf dress. But it's not limited to elfiness! It's just my dopey brain!

Others who aren't as mentally deranged as I will be able to move past the moniker and see this fabric for itself! The rayon is German rayon--the best in the world. The lining, while poly, has a matte finish and is a perfect match for the lining! See, here at the auction for Aubrey we don't force our friends to the local JoAnn's for any reason!

I won't tell you what I paid, but it was worth it. I know you will love it. Bid! Galadriel commands it!


See it on ebay HERE!

No comments: